Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are we meant to walk or run the event? Spring Trek Sydney takes place on steep terrain. Teams may optionally choose to walk or run the course depending on their fitness levels. As the course is very challenging, only teams who have trained sufficiently should opt to do any running.
2) How long will it take to complete the full 30 km? As you can see from the terrain profile map, there is quite a lot of steep inclines so if you are only walking the course it will take you at least 8-10 hours. Therefore, all teams are required to bring a head torch.
3) How do we get to/from the event? The event starts at Cowan Oval, Bujwa Bay Road, Cowan, which is a 700 m (8 minute) walk from Cowan Station. The finish is at Berowra Public School, which is a 1 km (13 minute) walk from Berowra Station. Please note that there is track work on the train line that runs to Cowan, and buses are replacing trains on the day. So if possible we are recommending that teams drive in two cars - leave one at the finish (Berowra Public School for 30km event, Mount Kuring-gai Public School for 18km event) and then all drive to the start at Cowan Oval.
4) What if we need to change the name of our team members? The event is designed for teams of four. When you register we ask that you include four names. You may register your team if you have at least three team members and the team leader can just put themselves down twice. We will need to know who the four team members are, and receive their waiver form and emergency contact information, by the day of the event. The team leader can manage team member name changes themselves from the everyday hero site.
5) Do I need to have all my team members' info when registering ? If, when registering, you do not have all your team emails, please continue with your registration and your team registration. TEAM MEMBERS can be invited at a later date via your EverydayHero page. Additionally, if TEAM MEMBERS register independently they can nominate the team they wish to join.
6) What happens if I have less than four team members? If you have less than four members, please look for more team members by posting on our facebook page here. All teams need to pay the entry fee for four team members and the entry fee is non-refundable. Teams will be allowed to walk on event day as long as they have a minimum of three team members.
7) Can I participate if I am under 18 years old? This year, participation in the event is only for individuals 18 years and older. If you are keen to check it out for next year, please come along instead as a volunteer on the day.
8) What time does the event start? The event start time is 8am at Cowan Oval, and registration will be an hour before the start time. More details about the event start time will come soon.
9) Why is the event called Spring Trek Sydney? The trek is to help you get ready for Spring.